Friday, July 18, 2008

Woop!

As Mike said, Rita finished! It was incredible watching her cross the finish, fulfilling a dream she's had for years. Maria and I had a great time helping get the job done. It helped have such a great runner and other crew members to work with.

The weather was typical Death Valley hot, 115 degrees, on the first day then Rita got a little lucky the second day with temps only reaching 95 when crossing to Lone Pine. A little rain fell along with some scary thunder but on she pushed.

I am so proud to be able to be a part of this. She is the toughest person I know. I still can't understand how she kept moving foward even when she wasn't doing well. Maria and I had the priveldge of crewing her during the witching hours of 10pm to 5am and she hung tough.

I am working on editing the large amount of video I took and adding daily notes that I took. I have a whole weekend so don't get snarky on me, I'll get to it.

:-p

2 comments:

Rita Barnes and Crew said...

Um... I can be as "snarky" as I want.

Rita Barnes and Crew said...

Um Jenn... the weekend is over, you're a slacker.