Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bad Water

So since Jenn has not had a chance to post (even though she said she would last night :-p), I figured I would post something to let everyone know how the race went. My mom, Rita, finished the race in 42 hours, 21 minutes, and 13 seconds. The race had its ups and downs, which I'm sure Jenn will discuss in her upcoming posts, but it was an amazing race. As I type this she is on the phone with a publication back in Columbus and discussing the race. Pictures will be posted soon from my mom and Jenn. Overall the experience was incredible, everything from Bad Water in Death Valley to Mt. Whitney Portal was amazing. The landscape in this area is incredible, which I'm sure my mother would say was worth the battered feet she now has at the bottom of her legs. By the way, I would like to thank Jenn, Maria, and John for making this race a dream come true for my mom. She has been talking about this race for 4 years now, and I'm thankful that the four of us could help to make this dream a reality. Check back soon for Jenn's "detailed" race blog, pictures, and videos of the Bad Water race.

P.S. Congrats to my mom's "Ultra-Son", Jeff Schmidt on his completion of the race as well.

Best Wishes from Lone Pine California,
Michael Reggie

No comments: