Saturday, July 12, 2008

The gang's all here

We finally all met in person today and I think we have a darn good crew. We spent some time going over logistics and looking at supplies then Maria and I were treated to a great dinner at PF Changs. Afterwards Maria and I headed to Pahrump so we could get a little closer to Death Valley. We had to back track because the road was closed down by the police which added an extra 30 minutes to the ride. There are many flash flooding warnings and severe thunderstorm warnings so it is possible the road was washed out. We did see some incredible lightening driving into Pahrump.

For a quick intro to the crew, here is a short video. Left to right: Maria, John, Rita, myself (Jen) and Mike.

This is it for a couple days. When Maria and I check out in the morning we will be off the radar. Cell reception disappears within about 20 minutes of Pahrump then we are off into the wild! Next time I'll get to post something is on Wednesday when we reach Lone Pine. I'll be taking notes as we go and will do a long write-up when we finally reach civilization again.

Ta ta for now!

2 comments:

adrienne said...

Rita;

COR QA is tracking you on the BadWater website! We are very proud of you! Have fun & be safe!

Adrienne

adrienne said...

WOOHOO! Way to go, Rita. You finished nearly six hours under your goal. Congratulations!!!